Documentary wedding photography at Isla Mujeres, Mexico.
Isla Mujeres is probably one of our all time favorite wedding photography locations simply because of the beauty of the landscape and the very special ambiance full of serenity and peace. This place feels really inspiring to say the least and even more inspiring when we talk about having a wedding there! Kara and John (Purdy), two beautiful human beings that we had pleasure to meet, flew all the way from Minneapolis to visit the island where their love story begins three years ago. The reason is simple and beautiful, they will be getting married at Isla Mujeres in one month. So they decided to visit the wedding venue and to meet in person all people who will help them to organize their dream wedding at Isla Mujeres and Erik and I are on the list. Casa IxChel is a small hotel where these two started their love story so they’ve decided to celebrate their destination wedding at Casa IxChel. We’ve met Kara and John in this small and intimate hotel and we spent a while talking about their wedding ideas, their vision of this big day and about other details as a time line of the day. Right after, guys took us on their golf car to the sculpture park at Punta Sur of the island and we took some pictures of them at this beautiful place where the sky and the sea become one…
Before I continue with pictures of their pre wedding photo session at Isla Mujeres, I would like to add that Kara and John is a fantastic couple and we can’t wait the day of their intimate wedding at Casa IxChel!
In addition, here are a few words about this lovely couple from Kara’s perspective, that we adored reading:
- I grew up in Los Angeles & John grew up in Milwaukee – I have a tough time with winter cold & he loves to play outdoor sports all year round —- we both LOVE beaches
- John plays team sports year round & I practice yoga
- We both love to travel – together and alone
- John uses a manual camera and I use my iPhone — with both of those, we are always covered
- I never check the weather forecast for the following day (because I grew up in LA, and the weather was always the same) & John checks it daily — he lets me know if there is weather brewing so I don’t get caught in a snow or rain storm!
- We both love to laugh, and laugh a lot together. 🙂